Putting our Values into Practice
Reach out, break the ice.
• Make eye contact and smile
• Extend a few words of concern
• If someone looks confused . . . help
Be courteous and caring.
• Use polite words, kind gestures
• Be gentle
• Help each other, cooperate
• Maintain privacy . . . knock before you enter
• Keep confidential matters confidential
• Everyone is special . . . treat them that way
• Be open to differing ideas and opinions
• Anticipate others needs . . . don’t wait, act
• If you don’t know the answer . . . find out
• Be clean
• Be neat
• Dress appropriately
• If someone has an issue . . . hear them out
• Being defensive will not help
• Cool down and think it through before you respond
Do the right things right.
• If you know it’s right, excel at it
• If it doesn’t feel right, question it
• If you know it’s wrong, report it
Phone skills are critical.
• When the phone rings, our image is on the line
• Be pleasant . . . smile
• Be helpful
• Be responsive
Explain what you are doing.
• We’re less anxious when we’re informed
• When worried sick . . . every minute is an hour
• You are the company . . . always talk positively
• Accept responsibility . . . don’t blame others
• Know your job . . . take pride in what you do