CommuniCare provides superior, comprehensive, customized management services for the development and management of profitably operated adult living communities. These services meet every need, regardless of client size or resources. Click on your area of interest to find out how CommuniCare can help you.
CommuniCare's involvement in adult living center development may begin with the planning phase and continue through the marketing process and operations process. Or, individual services such as site analysis and selection, zoning administration or supervision of licensure and certification may be provided.
CommuniCare's focus is on the development of profitably operated communities. Our proactive approach produces lasting solutions to problems that may arise during planning, construction or operation. From rejuvenating census efforts and redirecting resident service delivery to improving staff recruitment and retention, CommuniCare's broad range of services, extensive personnel resources, expertise and professionalism result in lucrative outcomes for the owner/operator.
CommuniCare's personalized management services and extensive experience throughout the continuum of care allows us to introduce and maintain the delivery of consistent, quality resident services in the communities we manage.
CommuniCare delivers services to its clients with a passion for excellence and a commitment to total client satisfaction. CommuniCare provides its clients with superior knowledge of the adult living marketplace, strong industry and community relationships as well as expertise in adapting to the changing adult living landscape.
We have CommuniCare Family of Comapnies consultants in the areas of Nursing, Quality Assurance, Finance, Facilities Management, Payroll, Reimbursement, Social Services, Marketing, Information Systems, Public Relations, Managed Care Contracting, Nutritional Care, Purchasing, Life Safety and Compliance that will share their many years of experience and expertise through periodic consultation.
Provide professional opinions on the layout of the building. Look at the location of services as they relate to the resident client and operational needs. The purpose is to insure that the services provide for both the clients needs and service functionally in respect to the operation of the facility. This is critical for a variety of specialized environments such as Alzheimer's, Assisted Living, MI, etc.
Provide professional opinions on the architectural design and the interior architecture of the facility. Look at the uses of finish materials as they relate to the overall look and feel that wishes to be incorporated with in the marketing plan for the facility. Provide cost estimates for the materials to insure a correct budget for the project. Also, insure that the materials chosen are correct for the use within the areas of the building. The materials should provide a solid marketing statement, but must be maintainable by staff.
Materials and Finish Specification
Select the actual product finishes to be used within the building. Including flooring, paint, wall coverings, ceiling systems, protective surface materials, ceramic tile, etc. Provide specification information complete with color, style, and pattern. Materials will be displayed on design boards for review.
Select furniture complete with color, style, and pattern. Provide costs and budgeting information. Order furniture and schedule deliveries and installation. Pictures and fabric samples will be displayed on design boards for review.
Soft Treatment Specifications
(Window Coverings, Cubical Curtains, Table Cloths, etc.)
Select treatments complete with color, style and pattern. Provide costs and budgeting information. Order treatments, schedule deliveries and installation. Samples will be displayed on design boards for review.
(Artwork, Plants, Nick-knack displays, etc.)
Select accessories; provide costs and budgeting information. Order accessories, schedule deliveries and installation.
Material Boards and Manuals
Finish materials, furnishings, soft treatments and accessories will be mounted to a finish board for review and final sign-off by committee in charge of finalizing selections. A framed display can be created for use in visually marketing the look and feel of the facility. All specifications and maintenance instructions will be bound into a manual to be used at the facility after completion.
In-service Training for Staff
Provide information on the product representatives for all specified materials and schedule training for maintenance personnel.
Implement corporate program to keep abreast of concerns of employees and resident/families to address potential issues that may relate to fraud and abuse under the Medicaid/Medicare programs.
• Budget system, development, training, support and review
• Financial statement review, comments, and associated general ledger accounting services
• Reimbursement overview and enhancement
- develop plan of action to research new reimbursement systems and products
- develop plan of action to ensure that requirements for PPS are in place
• Maintain understanding, awareness and plan for changes in billing procedures and documentation
• Prepare cost report with recommended plans to enhance the capture of information
- complete development and training of time study process and reporting
• Cash flow management reports analysis
• Payroll Preparation and Processing
• Accounts Receivable analysis, review and oversight
- includes oversight of census processing, ancillary supply processing, patient billing
- provide support in processing and collections systems
• Accounts Payable analysis, review and oversight
• Financial Audit that complies with State requirements for licensure, i.e., resident funds review
• Performed one time per year at least 60 to 90 days prior to annual survey (written report to follow) to monitor for regulatory compliance with regard to licensure, Medicare and Medicaid requirements
• Follow up visit will be done as needed.
• Home Office training programs on:
- working as a team
- stress management
- dealing with difficult
• Employee File audit to ensure compliance with state regulations (fingerprinting, criminal checks, nurse registry check, etc.)
• Home Office management of any Federal/State HR investigations
• Review and make recommendations on all HR policies and procedures
• Develop and enhance job descriptions
• Develop and enhance program for employee evaluations and feedback
• Benefit management, control and analysis utilizing CommuniCare Family of Companies umbrella. The "numbers" when combining all employees, allow for competitive rates for all services
• Assist with job interviews and selection of department heads as it corresponds to CommuniCare Family of Companies Home Office functional people
• Train and orient management team on job requirements and responsibilities
• Develop program and assist in implementing strategies to attract and retain personnel at all levels
• Have CommuniCare Family of Companies personnel train and/or arrange training sessions on general management issues (hiring, firing, managing, conflict resolution, etc.)
• Manage all Workers Comp claims. Ensure back to work in a timely manner
• Share Recruiting Best Practices among all CommuniCare Family of Companies locations
• Develop system for placing professional legal employment advertisements to draw an adequate pool of qualified candidates
• Establish background check guideline procedures in compliance with SB 160, audit logs to assure state compliance and provide on-going counsel to human resource management regarding hiring decisions
• Manage unemployment insurance
• Manage all legal complaints filed by attorneys on behalf of current or ex-employees
• Develop salary structures to compensate employees based on market data and internal equity
• Conduct Exit Interviews and provide feedback to Executive Director regarding concerns and suggested training actions, programs to reduce turnover
• Develop internal job posting system to inform employees of job opportunities and on-going communication to job openings to outside community via job line
• Negotiate additional contracts utilizing the market position under the CommuniCare Family of Companies umbrella
• Assist in negotiating for new contracts
• Assist in negotiating outside of contract for any specific member
• Develop system that "case manages" these specific residents to ensure compliance within guidelines of each contract
Department's Mission Statement : To provide the CommuniCare Family of Companies effective Information Technology systems, services, and support to successfully accomplish the company's mission, today and in the future. The CommuniCare Family of Companies has an internal IS team that will handle most needs of the center. They maintain systems and provide installation, training and on-going support.
• Survey and inventory
• Design and plan network infrastructure including WAN (Wide Area Network)
• Coordination with vendors
• Selection, purchase, and installation of hardware and software
• Network management and support
• Database Management
• Design, write and enforce Computer and Network
• Usage Policy
• Help Desk/Phone Support for hardware and software
• Remote support - through network software to minimize on-site visits
• On-site support
• Software training
• Installation of hardware and software upgrades
• Keeping track of software licenses and compliance
• E-mail access and support
• Business Plan development, review, approval and implementation
• Long range planning
• Monitor compliance with State regulations, licensure and certification
• Assist with all ODH visits and follow-ups. Review plan of correction as needed
• Supervision, training and systems development that comply with regulations
• Policy and Procedure Manual review, development and amendments made with respect to all current available materials
Develop short term strategic plans
• prepare annual marketing plan
• brochure and web development
• analyze market needs/demand
• clinical program development
• public relations program development
• analyze marketplace for pricing structure/competitive rates for private pay rates
• develop separate newsletters for employees, families and physicians
Develop long term strategic plans
• comply with new MDS programs
• develop programs and systems in all areas of operations, case management and marketing that coincide with PPS
- • Develop and establish programs and systems within the organization that streamline and centralize the facilities operation to be efficient and cost-effective
- • Utilize the purchasing power within the CommuniCare Family of Cmpanies umbrella to ensure appropriate contracts that will provide products and services at aggressive pricing
- • Ensure the guidelines of each contract are being met for (in-servicing, delivery, pricing, service, payment terms, quality, etc.)
- • Ensure inventory standards through (JIT) Just-In-Time inventory and proper rotation of supplies that prevent loss of product and reduce the outlay of cash
- • Monitor proper cost to charge ratios within the facility
- • Provide in-service and training for staff
- • Consult with all managers within the facility on their needs to ensure compliance
- • Assist in development of policies and procedures
- • Assist in the development of capital and yearly budgets
- • Develop formularies that will reduce cost and streamline products
- • Develop partnerships with primary vendors through shared risk programs that will aid the facility for the future of healthcare
- • Utilize the HPS (Hospital Purchasing Services) Buying Group contracts to further reduce cost
- • Oversee and ensure electronic inventory software (Orbits) system
- Develop, implement and measure specific programs that will enhance services throughout the center through the individualization of the CommuniCare Family of Companies quality programs. Core programs that are already developed and available are in areas of Nursing, Personnel, Nutritional Services, Activities, Accounting, Managed Care, Marketing, Marketing, Quality Assurance, Life Safety, Operations, Subacute, Administration and Social Services
Arrange meetings with staff members and families for the purpose of in servicing on this important area
- Coordinate group meeting for the purpose of training on new federal and state guidelines, sharing best practice